Hydrotechnik designed and built a sophisticated R&D pump test rig for a UK-based pump manufacturer. Their main activities include the design, development and manufacture of high quality hydraulic pumps and motors, including:
- High torque radial piston motors
- Radial piston cam motors
- Axial piston hydraulic pumps and motors
- Axial piston chemical metering pumps
A continuous programme of product development ensures that their products are engineered to meet the exacting and demanding requirements of today’s hydraulic applications. The bespoke Hydrotechnik test rig supplied is used in a modern plant in the North East of England, as part of their sophisticated R&D programme and for production quality control.
Using the data gathered from the Hydrotechnik rig, their engineers have been able to more accurately establish the efficiency of their pump sets. The results have been surprising! The test rig has helped the manufacturer produce pumps with a repeatable efficiency of over 94%, (previously 85%). It also produces a report on each pump's efficiency for archiving/customer sign-off. The insights and knowledge gained from the test rig are highly valuable to both the manufacturer and its customer base.
The rigs capabilities are:
- Accurate reading and logging of multiple flow rates for wide ranging test data
- 8 pressure channels, logged at up to 10,000 readings per second
- Surface and in-media temperature testing
- RPM, torque, vibration, angle & displacement testing
- Full data logging, including serial number capture and operator notes, with each test for archiving and potential warranty retrieval later
The research and development pump test rig, which is driven by a 1.5mW power regeneration system, uses five highly specified flow meters. It also features a collection of high and low pressure transducers, which provide a stream of data to a purpose-built measuring, data logging and control system. The control system, developed by Hydrotechnik, works in conjunction with the regenerative system to optimise energy use.
The rig has a total of 30 input channels and an exceptionally clear display of a large number of measured values. The rig is ideal for measuring and supervising complex systems. With six output channels, many options are available for the control of machines, plants and test standards.
The overall benefits for the end user are:
- Simple operator led control of the testing process, including operator notes
- Designed for test house and R&D applications, the test rig supplied is the ultimate tool for test bench and end of line testing
- With advanced touch screen technology, the 30 channel data acquisition unit can also be integrated with a user's existing CAN-BUS system
- Extra channels can be added at a later date, if required, taking the number of channels from 30 up to 60
- Real-time analysis of the measured data in the form of graphical and numerical displays
With both analogue and digital inputs/outputs, the rig is highly flexible for future expansion and deployment. The test rig used by the quality control team has an operator led system, offering a ‘green light’ system to ensure that all pumps are tested to the prescribed process, before they are signed off for despatch. Data from all the production tests are transferred to a central server for security and archiving.
Please click here to view Hydrotechnik UK's recently installed hydrostatic test rigs.
For more information on our hydraulic and hydrostatic test rigs, please call 0115 900 3550 or email the technical sales team on email@example.com